Goals for races

Just tried to add goals to an existing race through editing it, but it seems there are no new fields?

1 Like

Could you please try again @Antonie after logging out and back in again? I can access here when I log in as you.

2 Likes

That does the trick. If possible would be nice if you could enter the times for all 3 disciplines and the 2 T’s and that calculates the total time. In my opinion place is difficult to estimate given you do not know the competition unless you are a top contender and the postion is more important than time.

Paul Laursen via Athletica Forum schreef op 02-02-2024 om 18:08:

2 Likes

That is an awesome request!

1 Like

Inputs for individual modalities have now been added. Please check.

1 Like

Great! If possible could you add T1 and T2 and make the total calculate itself. If I go over the top then it would be nice if it also calculates the speeds per modality based on the time and shows that as well.

1 Like

@Prof, what would really be great is if Athletica used its data about current fitness to PREDICT expected completion times for each discipline. Bonus would be to predict expected completion times based on training plan. I presume the data is already there to do first part witihin a margin of error?

1 Like

Absolutely @BrentK. its on the roadmap for sure. And you are right that the data is there ultimately stemming from your power and pace profiles. When you have a general idea of the pace you can sustain for your given event you can reverse engineer back to know around where your perform time is likely to hit. Of course the problem lies with how temperature and topography affect our movement but we can get an idea of ballpark.

A couple examples from my profile to illustrate.

1 Like

Am I missing from the beta announcements emails? Only became aware of this through this thread. I’ve put a time target against my event next Sat. Does this affect the plan in advance or just post event/ race analysis?

Hey @Phil. I’ve gone on your newsletter profile and it says my end that your ‘english’ email is associated with our beta emails so not sure why you didn’t get that. To your question, we’re only collecting data at this point as a first step with future analysis coming soon…

1 Like

Had another look through my email and appears I did get it on Friday. For some reason it was set to read before I’d read it. Turned up , when I turned off my unread filter. Using an unread filter as a default email view is efficient till it isn’t…

1 Like