What to do with your race shirts?

Best tips on what to do with your old race shirts that are cluttering up your closet?
What do you do with yours?
Show us your favorite tee from a race. What’s the story behind it?

When I first started racing, I wore my race shirts with pride everywhere I went. I remember seeing ads in the back of running and triathlon magazines (remember those? :wink:) about turning race shirts into quilts. I thought that someday, one of those quilts might become a baby blanket, so I started saving my shirts, but never got to making the quilt.

Years later, I came across that container of finisher shirts, and now my kids wear them. It’s so much fun hearing the stories that come up when someone asks about a mint-condition finisher shirt from 20 years ago, or seeing my kids wear one to my current races. I guess those shirts are still making memories, just in a different way!

Joe

2 Likes