The show off your bike topic

The place to show off your bike :smiley:

1 Like

I will start with my TT bike. I actually have 2 in the garage as I bought a new one 2 weeks ago and have not gotten around to sell my old one.

This the one I used up to now. Fast but extremely stiff bike with 23mm tires. Pain to sit on for longer distances on bad roads.

The new one. Lot more comfortable. Still making some changes to it. Lowered the cockpit and some other armrest will go on it. Considering wrapping it in another color.

10 Likes

I do love picture topics on forums, so i’ll join in. I’m mainly a mountainbiker, but I do some road and gravel as well.

So my main bike is a Cannondale Scalpel. I will be racing different XCM races in Belgium, and a 6-day stage race in Italy in September (really excited but scared for this one!)

The picture is from the first race I did with it, early spring 2023, which was a 80km mudfest!

My newest addition to the collection is a custom build. It’s a gravel bike based on a MTB-frame. Using it currently as my commuter bike, but I build it to ride some gravel this summer and do beach races next winter.

8 Likes

Nice bikes! I’ll throw in my MTB as well then :wink: Before getting addicted to triathlons I only did MTB. Are you doing any of the Xterra races?

7 Likes

I’ll throw mine in there as well!

My normal road bike - Giant TCR

and my Triathlon/TT option - Argon18

8 Likes

I haven’t really considered Xterra to be honest. Might be a cool introduction to triathlon for me!

However, I’m determined to do a full distance triathlon at some point in my life! But currently just focused on cycling since life doesn’t really allow for 10h+ training weeks at the moment. And I think that’s probably necessary to prepare well for a full distance.

2 Likes

Gotta say waking up and checking out some sweet-looking rides is a great way to start the day!
I know little about triathlon bikes, but I appreciate the geometry and intent in their design.
My ride doesn’t have wheels, and running shoes are often far less flashy :disguised_face:
Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is rolling on.

4 Likes

Xterra races are great but brutal. Lots of elevation and serious MTB tracks. However only 3-4 hours of pain, so go give one a try! You will likely love it. I am not doing one (yet :wink: ) this year.

2 Likes

Oooh, shiny pretty bikes :bike: :star_struck:

Here’s mine: her name is Mana and she’s a rocket :rocket:

12 Likes

Your bike has a name :flushed:

2 Likes

This is my commuter, The Guac. A 1970 Norco steely that I converted into a 1x10 gravel bike with 33c tyres. I painted it myself to distract bike thieves.

This is my blue streak. Used once in Gatineau… hahahaha. It’ll get some upgrades over the next year or two. For now, it’s attached to my smart trainer for indoor rides.

7 Likes

This is fun…
IMG_2718
Ventum NS1
IMG_1026
Cervelo P2
IMG_8597
Santa Cruz Bronson
Hoping to add a Gravel Bike to the list…

10 Likes

So pretty…and clean! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Mostly indoor rides… keeps the bike clean. Although I do like to keep ‘er squeaky clean :sponge:

1 Like

I do long distance events with the longest running over a few days. It takes a toll on the body. For that reason I now ride a recumbent. I can get off after 600km and feel like I’ve only ridden 20km. This photo was about 230km into a 600km event.

5 Likes

This is my other recumbent. It’s the easily the most aerodynamic of the two. A tempo effort will see me able to sustain 35-37km/h for hours on end , if I have it at its maximum reclined, if it’s flat. Not too bad for a 57 year old. But this is quite a heavy bike and I prefer my other one as it gives a better average where you’ve got hills to tackle. Plus the other is more agile like a fighter jet, where as this is more like a super tanker that doesn’t want to change direction quickly.

Front on might give you an idea of the aerodynamics

To give an idea of what’s possible when you throw away UCI regulations.

LAND - MEN’S 6 HOUR STANDING START SPEED TRIAL (Single Rider): 383.73 km

A comment from a guy who competes for these records.

This run with the bike raised shows a Cd of .13.
This design has a frontal area of 406 sq in = 0.261935 sq M.
CdA = 0.13 * 0.261935 = .034

According to these simulations this would improve my speed at Battle Mountain to 69 MPH. I am thinking that this design plus fairing the wheels would allow me to break 70 MPH at Battle Mountain.

4 Likes

Interesting bikes. Are they allowed in triathlon racing. Seem faster and more comfortable than my bikes. :grinning:

No recumbents were banned by UCI around 1934 when they trashed the hour record. You are right the race recumbents are much faster andmore comfortable. But there’s the world human powered races to compensate.

For brevets which are my events, any bike, trike, velomobile, tandem etc goes as long as it human powered. If you were talented you could even try a unicycle, though I have my doubts as to how fast they could maintain!

2 Likes

Here is my Parlee RZ7

8 Likes

A recent picture from a triathlon camp at Mallorca, Spain. (Sorry the drivetrain is on the wrong side but I wanted the bike look outwards :sweat_smile:)

9 Likes