Another question about low versus mid volume

I’m adding a December marathon to my schedule. I’ve been preparing for a half marathon in September on the low volume plan. That’s had me under 20 miles per week to this point, and the peak week as it appears on the plan now is only 22 miles. From there, the marathon plan has a planned peak week of only 25 miles. That seems quite low!

Conversely, if I change to mid-volume, it schedules me 37 miles next week with no preamble at all - quite the jump!

Should I expect the mileage to grow organically as training progresses, or am I doing something wrong here?

1 Like

If anyone sees this and is wondering what became of it, I’ve noticed that the plan seems to re-recalculate a bit after you change the volume. Athletica will tell you your new plan is ready and show it to you, but within a few hours (maybe sooner - I haven’t refreshed repeatedly to see exactly when it happens) it will have adjusted itself to be more realistic. The 37 mile week I mentioned ended up changing itself down to about 21 miles - much more realistic for me!

2 Likes

Thanks @ohlylo … you raise a really important point and that is one of our work-ons from a product standpoint - to show all the working that’s going on behind the scenes for the user so they appreciate more that the AI-coach isn’t quite yet done with the thinking process…

2 Likes