Female Athletes - What do you want to know about training?

Hey :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It’s Marjaana here, I am your community moderator :smiley: This Athletica Forum Category is your safe haven. Ask me and others everything you want to know about Female Athlete related topics, share thoughts, and ideas, and give someone Kudos. Let’s build an empowering, supportive community for us ladies right here at Athletica Forum.

Let’s start with something I am personally interested to know and learn more about: What do Female Athletes want to know about training?

Let’s hear it from you :heart_eyes: :point_down:t2:

1 Like

Thank you for leading this topic @Marjaana. We are already heavily invested and dedicated to changing the game for women, with data collection for our pilot study now complete. Let’s go :muscle:

2 Likes

It is nearly impossible wait to see findings from this study @Prof :innocent:

2 Likes

Hey hey, did you see this study by Asics of perceptions of barriers women face participating in sports? What are women's top barriers to exercise? | Women in Sport posted on the topic | LinkedIn

2 Likes

An interesting study from Norway (2020) about how MC phases affect fitness, performance, and side effects in competitive endurance athletes, AND how much the female athletes themselves know and discuss this with their coaches.

• 47% reported the worst fitness and performance and the highest number of side effects (symptoms like headache, cramps, fatigue) during bleeding.

• Only 8% reported having sufficient knowledge about the MC in relation to training

• 27% communicated about it with their coaches

Key Message IMO:
Many female athletes perceive changes in fitness, performance, and side effects across the Menstrual cycle, worst during the bleeding phase.
Education for both athletes and coaches is needed.

Link to abstract:

1 Like