Issue: several updates on a workout on the same day

I had my swimming test (Swim Time Trial) scheduled for Wed this week originally 1800m. Later at night before start, I realized it decreased to 1500m because of load training and other hours/plan factors. At the end of the day my watch had the original plan, it wasn’t updated or resynched. When I logged in for leaving my RPE and some comments I saw that the workout increased to 3000m. So that the analysis will affect the metrics and future workouts generation bc the system think I performed slower, less distance, etc.

Absolutely inconsistent, and I do not understand why? I suggest that all the times the plan is automatically updated then the resynch process shall be performed automatically as well. Or at least throws a warning notification super visible in the Ui indicating the actions I have to do manually.

On other hand, I swam less distance because a set 2x200m was intended free with fins maybe, but I did it just kicking literally with kick board/no fins, so that without strokes my Garmin 935 didnt recognize the laps. A more detailed (icon) description could be helpful.

Hi @ginnaelo ,

Good job on your time trial. Sorry about the poor UX. There are a couple of reasons.

1. You are just starting out again in swimming (according to your data) and so the logic is working to try to optimize your fitness. Unfortunately this results in sometimes (as in your case) some instability in the prescribed loading. We find this settles down substantially once you get into your training and develop consistency in the exercise mode.
  2. In your settings, you need to check the box to not update on the day. I have done this for you now. You can change it back again if needed.
    Hope that helps.
    Best,
    Paul

1 Like