Riding together on Zwift

Hey ya’ll - 6 weeks to Ironman Texas! It’s also baseball season. Combining kids’ baseball (2 boys play baseball, daughter runs track, one of the boys plays in two teams) and Ironman training takes a master of planning.

Any other parents with baseball kids? You know these weekend games are insane. So I’ve had to take a plan and play with it. This means I won’t be doing my Vo2 max sessions every wednesday anymore, but have to schedule those for those crazy baseball weekends, and prioritize longer sessions during the week.

So this week I’m inviting you to join me for Friday morning long race pace rides. We will be rubber banded so it doesn’t matter if you are riding zone 2 or zone 5! Anyone interested joining me for a bit or 4.5 hours on Friday CT US time - aim to start 9 am-ish but I’m flexible.

Sorry Cindy, no wednesday session.

2 Likes

what?! You are ditching me on Wednesdays??? :wink:

1 Like

Not every Wednesday… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I just need to shuffle the deck on baseball weekends to make everything happen…

3 Likes

Woot woot, friendly invitation to join our Wednesday HIIT hosted by moi, MJ aka Tired Mom Runs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::stuck_out_tongue:

When: 8:30 am CT (6:30am PST)
What: warm up 20mins
2x 8x 40/20 (40s all out effort /20s catching your breath and wondering why you did this to yourself)
3 min easy

ride in between the sets,
Cools down and chat until 60 min

Pat yourself on the back for kudos and stretch :stuck_out_tongue:

Join TMR Endurance Coaching zwift club for weekly rides! The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

Let me know if you are joining and I will send you an invite and Google meet invite

Questions? Hit me up :call_me_hand:

MJ

3 Likes

Excellent…see you there!

1 Like

Count me in, please!

2 Likes

YEAH! It’s Mark, right?

1 Like

Correct. See yinz tomorrow morning!

2 Likes

Super Fun! Thanks for inviting me to join!

2 Likes

Would have been a perfect session to test the workout reserve feature, but I forgot. Next time!

1 Like

It was a blast to have you - after our initial tech issues, lol :laughing:

Yes, I completely forgot to ask you if you’ve been testing it out. Next time! I hit -7% - those three last reps were so hard! Well done and so nice to meet you :smiley:

MJ

1 Like

Hey, what time do you ride on Wednesdays? I’m in central time zone US.

2 Likes

We ride 8:30am … 6:30 am on the west coast. I know it can be a tough time for anyone in the working world :earth_americas: does that work for you?

Usually I get on the bike by then. I work remotely, and usually all the kids are off school by then. It depends if I am dropping off my son or not. Please send an invite and I’ll look at my schedule next week.

1 Like

Awesome :clap: just like my situation then! Kids out the house and off the school and then fun times :star_struck::rofl: I will send you the details!

3 Likes

Wednesday warriors!
8:30am (ct) get ready to get your pump ticking and legs spinning as we take on something fun dr. Laursen has crafted for us. One of the ways to skin the proverbial cat - and have fun:

20 min warm up
3x 5x 40sec hard (know your target w but be ready to just give your best effort for 40s) / short 20s recovery - listen to your body… get ready to go again. 3 min easy in between series.

Who is in? Please show up 10 mins before to iron out kinks- they always seem to happen :joy: let me know (send pm) if you are joining us and I will send you google meet link as well.

3 Likes

I’ll join you for Wednesday fun!

4 Likes

I’m planning on joining at 8:20. See everyone there!

Well that was fun :star_struck: ! @MarkB @SoCal1x @cmaloney @SimpleEnduranceCoach @amn2099
Thank you for joining me this morning and being so patient with all the start up issues :blush: to make things run a little bit smoother next week, I’ve created a WhatsApp group to share the google meet link for easier access for everyone. :heart:

Have a lovely day!
MJ

3 Likes

Very “fun” indeed. By the way, Athletica calculated a 2% mWR for the session. I will have to add the field to my Garmin Edge.

The 40/20 is a good format and will put it on the calendar for next week.

4 Likes