Problem logging drills on Garmin with Athletica swim workout pushed in

Hello
When I have pushed in the athletica swim workout into my Garmin Swim 2 I can’t find a way to use the drill log. Is it doable and I just haven’t figured it out?
For example if I want to log a kick set I think I need to log it as a drill and log the distance as the garmin won’t recognize me doing kick and the distance.
Do people have a work around for this?
Thanks for any thoughts

1 Like

Hi, I am also wanting to know this! I cant see how many lengths I have completed. My Garmini vibrates when I am swimming, but because I am swimming I have no idea what it is telling me. I am using the skip workout mode until I figure it out too.

1 Like

The vibration usually means (at least what happens to me), you’re in the last 25m/50m of your defined set. So let’s say you have a 200m set and your pool setting is 50m, Garmin vibrates around the 15th-20th meter of your last 50m.

That being said, @Prof, I would love to have the option of sending swim workouts only as drill sets to my Garmin Watch. Sometimes I do my workouts in crowded pools and when I hit someone by mistake or have to slow down, Garmin thinks I completed a pool length and completely screws up the workout. That’s why I always copy the workouts from Athletica to Garmin Connect, and set the stroke type of the steps as “Drill”.

2 Likes

Having same problem with logging drills. Any update on this @Prof ?

Hi @10uhc,

Does @anilakarsu 's advice not work for you?

I honestly haven’t tried it. I would be more likely to just do it with paper than take more time to do this. On my swim days I usually have a ride or run also and to get in both without doing more is my goal for those days.

I also want to say that I really appreciate your responsiveness and willingness to take suggestions and improve Athletics!

1 Like