Choosing days and hours (time constraints)

Hi @Prof . Could I please be added to the beta group if possible? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @orthostichy. With pleasure. You are now in the beta group. Just a reminder that features youā€™ll find are experimental and typically performing at only 90% of production release acceptance. As well, once settings for user-time-constraints is applied please provide at least 12 hours for Athleticaā€™s brain to compute your requests.
Best,
Paul

1 Like

Thanks, @Prof ! Looking forward to testing it out!

1 Like

I think I am in the beta program. My race days are only on the weekends. Is there a way to change that so Tuesday and Wednesday are race days weekly?

Hi @howlinthurston,
At the moment race day logic is confined to weekends. So best you can really do for now is choose the closest day available on the calendar relative to your race days and make fine tuned adjustments. If youā€™d like, Iā€™d be happy to help you here if you DM me with the details.
Best,
Paul

Hi @Prof,

I am wondering if the beta scheduling options may help my situation - The program says I am too fit for the low-volume plan however I cannot run the 6-7 times per week the mid-volume plan calls for. Ideally I would be running 3-4 times per week plus cross and strength training.

I am currently in the trial period but if you are confident the beta options would be able to help then I will subscribe and ask to join.

Cheers,
Luke

Hi @LukeSL ,
Thereā€™s never a guarantee Iā€™m afraid and all beta users come on board knowing they are in an experimental group. However if you read up the thread youā€™ll find that 90% tend to be satisfied. Based on what you describe, I would choose low volume but ask for S&C sessions on the days you want.
Keep me posted on your decision and thanks for trialing.
Best,
Paul

@Prof

Thank you for your response.
I have decided to give it a go and have subscribed. Please can I be added to the beta test?

Thanks again,
Luke

1 Like

Hi Luke,
Great stuff. Iā€™ve added you to the beta program. Please have a go and let me know how you get on. Remember after you use these settings and apply your new program to wait for about 12 hours for the brain of Athletica to make all the logic checks when trying to accommodate your time constraints.
Best,
Paul

Hi @Prof I added the availability and constraints on Sunday but havenā€™t seen any changes to my plan yet. Did I do something wrong when entering the info?
Thanks!
David

1 Like

My feeling @orthostichy is that it needs more time. Outside of the present week you can see all the sessions are missing the workout wizard option, so to me this suggests its still working to catch up. Iā€™ll check back again on this tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi @Prof, Iā€™m interested in joining Athletica but time constraint is essential for me: in case of subscription, could I join the beta program to benefit of the feature?
Furthermore, since I work based on shifts that sometimes include night-shifts, would you consider also a feature where you can schedule them in advance and Athletica could consequently program a lighter workout: in other word, being proactive instead of reactiveā€¦ or the system after a lost night could modify the workout based on metrics like HRV, quality and amount of sleep, rest HR etcā€¦ (if can elaborate that metrics from a watch like Fenix Garmin watch)ā€¦
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi @Nabi ,
Thanks for trialing.
Yes - all subscribers are entitled to join the beta group.
Understood regarding shift work. What you describe is on our roadmap for user-time-constraints feature. This will come in stages. First AI-coach will be integrated to provide guidance to you recommending to move workouts, use Workout Wizard, etc. HRV via Garmin is already implemented for graphical viewing of course. In the future, this will be integrated into prescription. An exciting year of development ahead!
Best,
Paul

Thanks for your reply @Prof ā€¦

Beta version includes also run workout using power like Stryd?

Unfortunately not @Nabiā€¦ running power is on the list but down in priority enhancements relative to others. Just eyeballing maybe in the 3 months away rangeā€¦

2 Likes

I just joined athletic, can you please give me access to time constraint feature @Prof ā€¦?
thanks in advanceā€¦

Hi @Nabi,
Welcome. The time constraints feature in beta is only available for subscribers of Athletica. If you choose to subscribe, please let me know and I will add you to the group.
Best,
Paul

I subscribed couple of days ago @prof

When I go to your profile @Nabi it is showing the following?
Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 3.58.53 PM

Hi @Prof Can I please try the Beta Time Constraints feature?

1 Like