Overtraining Warnings

Hey that’s really great to hear. We never really know so we appreciate it when team Athletica speaks up!

2 Likes

I would like to revive this thread. I haven’t trained for a couple of weeks and then I trained a bit too hard for a few days. Now all my sessions next week has the “overtraining” warning and it asks me to consider moving or deleting all my sessions.

I’m struggling to understand one thing. Isn’t it AI’s job to find the balance for me and either remove some sessions or change their durations? (All my sessions are unlocked). Without really knowing what’s the best, following the plan, removing some sessions or changing their type/duration, how can I proceed with my plan?

Thanks for all the answers

2 Likes

I would say AI is working. It has noticed you don’t follow the plan (don’t worry, it happens; move on), and now reminding you to be careful getting back to the swing of things! It is up to you to assess how you get back to training. Ai doesn’t know whether you were sick, injured or on family vacation… returning to training would definitely need to be different depending whether you were sick, injured or on vacation right?!

Context matters.

Only you know how those “back-to-training” sessions feel, and what is appropriate in your context.

Hope this helps to see another perspective why those warning signs are there.

MJ

1 Like

Getting the same warnings … not sure I agree on the “context matters” when it is an AI, data-driven platform. For me, the AI should be able to read the pace, HR data etc. it is getting from the smart devices, along with the manually entered post-workout assessment scores/feedback to understand what to do next.

Have to agree with @anilakarsu here that it should be the AI’s job to do adapt future sessions rather than warn and ask us to manually decide.

2 Likes

Thanks @Marjaana . I totally agree that the context matters, but as a beginner athlete, even if I’m aware of the context, I might not know what’s the best approach to follow, right? Then I should be able to talk to my AI coach, explain the context like I was injured or had a vacation, and it should recommend me how to proceed. At least that would be what I expect from a real coach.

2 Likes

Thank you @anilakarsu @AdamJowett
Thanks for your feedback and ai agree, it would be lovely to have that function. Let me see if I’ve understood : you would love to be able to tell AI coach that “hey, I was sick last week and missed x number of days. I feel back to normal and would like you to bring me back up to speed with training. Please provide an appropriate plan for me”.? Or “I had trouble with my foot last week and took time off to let it heal. Please provide training plan that takes into consideration reduced running volume “. Or something similar?

I am not sure if this is in the dev list, @Prof ?

The problem in my head is that return to training after injury or illness is rarely a linear progress and requires patience, and many small adjustments. That’s where a human coach often comes in handy as we navigate return. We often want to return a little too early (guilty :see_no_evil: so many times) and have to navigate the dance of staying patient and pushing forward… a good coach can help us not be stupid and get back at hard training too soon. (I’m looking at you @prof :smile:).

Not sure AI will be able to do that at the moment.

That’s exactly what is needed here. I had the same problem last week, i missed a workout due to fever and not feeling good, the correct approach would be to slowly resume training and gradually redistributing the load. I am not sure this feature is implemented, though :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Forgot to mention that you always have the option to use the Workout Wizard & injury tab for alternative movement options :smile:

1 Like